Thursday 14 January 2010

Finished my third altered Ikea Mirror


These mirrors are just begging to be altered, they start off as just plain pine and you can do anything you wish with them I aim to make five for us for when out hallway is redecorated as I have decided that its about time I could actually see some of my altered and craft items about the home I then want to alter more of these mirrors as gifts as they are such fun to do.

I also altered a empty little pin box measuring two and half inches by 2 roughly, I hate waste and like to see just what can be done with little boxes I made a little nest from wire and threaded in three beads, I added a background pic of a bird next to a nest a green feather to match the eggs Then I added some ribbon to the outside of the box also a metal silver feather charm so cute I will need to think of some way of displaying my little creations at some future date?

I made another one of these little boxes(this box used  to contain paperclips)  some time ago and put a fairy in it with little beads and loads of ribbons they are fun to do and would otherwise just be put in the bin


3 comments:

jackie(worcs) said...

Beautiful blog Alma. I love the fairy box, its really pretty.
Jackie :-)

dottygin said...

i love your fairy box alma, and your altered mirrors.
very clever.
gina xxxx

jan said...

well done Alma, lovely box and mirrors, Jan x

Altered Ikea frames