Thursday 1 April 2010

Spent all day making a male birthday easel style

I wanted to make a male easel card so after much  messing about I came up with a male birthday card I had done one similar some time back but just  a waistcoat so I wanted to see if I could make into an easel card and do as suit and shirt











                                                                  
I wanted the inside to look like the trousers of the suit   I wanted to line the jackket with an old newspaper but did not have one so used some pages from an old book I also made a birthday newspaper for the jacket pocket Called "Birthday News"   I added a belt and a buckle also a little key from a chain just fuse wire hanging from the belt I added some tags The bit that keeps the card up is another tag with a stamped pocket watch on it                  










Free items for 2010 christmas challenge

Cd cases decorated and altered maybe with photo and small layout in
altered wine holders from supermarkets altered to contain pens ...thanks to Sall for these ideas 

5 comments:

Carole said...

It's a super card Alma! Love the jazzy suit and lovely tie!

Carole xxx

SusieJ said...

Alma that card is fabulous! Well done. Also love the freebie ideas from Sall - I have a couple of wine holders in the garage - not that I drink of course!lol
Sue xx

Katherine said...

Fantastic card - it can be so hard to make nice ones for men - this looks great, love your jacket lining too.

Kat

Hi it's Maria said...

brilliant card alma and great idea from sall too...

maria x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card Alma, really snazzy!

Altered Ikea frames